Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. We're looking to hire several Game Designers at multiple levels!
As a Game Design Manager on our Gameplay Initiative, you'll be front and center in defining the direction of our game. You'll partner with leads from multiple disciplines to ensure that our game is the best it can be, leaving no conceptual stone unturned. You'll be an advocate for design excellence, and level up those around you. You'll apply deep player understanding, and imagination to engineer the fun of thrilling in and out-of-game experiences. You'll work with multiple interdisciplinary teams to create player-focused experiences that delight millions of players around the world.
• Manage and level-up designers on the team, ensuring they have a clear understanding of how to grow and best create player value
• Understand the relevant audiences for the game, and from this, calibrate your and your teams' decisions to make appropriate taste for these audiences
• Improve existing design frameworks, our approaches to design, and create new ones
• Work with other designers, insights, product, narrative and art to identify compelling holistic visions for the future
• 5+ years experience in a Game Design role; experience as a game design owner of multiple large projects in parallel with successful delivery
• 1+ years people management experience; experience with mentorship of other designers leading to a promotion or substantial positive improvements in their work
• Deep familiarity with LoR and adjacent games in the genre
• Leadership experience resolving conflict, and when needed offering difficult feedback with respect
• Broad mechanics and systems design ability
• Experience creating systemic change to a design team's process or principles to improve output significantly across the team
• Experience communicating and expressing complex and nuanced designs in simple ways
• Experience working with or playing PvP strategy games
• Experience developing a competitive or multiplayer game
• Experience with scripting languages making content
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).