As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Manager, Game Design in Research & Development working on an early stage product, you will help decipher one of Riot's next big bets. You will help prove an innovative game concept in the early stages of development. You will work on c ombat mechanics, animation, camera systems, and movement to create an incredibly satisfying experience. You will partner with other designers, artists, and engineers to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that aim at delivering a groundbreaking experience. We are still small, so this requires plenty of hands-on work creating, iterating, and tuning systems/mechanics. You are comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where goals and constraints are mostly team driven and where change, big and small, is a critical part of the process. You will report to the Game Director on the team.
• Design or help design combat mechanics, including character abilities, movement, camera
• Lead the design effort to achieve top-tier game feel
• Responsible for rapid implementation / integration, great feel, and iterative improvements in the space
• Work collaboratively with the Design team and other Leads to create a great holistic experience
• Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers
• Help guide the project from pre-production through launch and ongoing live support
• 6+ years of progression experience as a game designer
• 2+ years leading design teams
• 3+ years of professional experience as a combat designer
• Has owned major feature work including directing multi-discipline teams
• Experience working in the pre-production phase of development on at least one game
• Experience in design on at least one PvP title
• Experience with Unreal
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p1pn-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.