As an Engineering Manager within the Riot Data Driven Products Cross Product Team you will lead and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team including Software Engineers, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists to accelerate how game data products are produced, iterated on and operated at a global scale. You will be responsible for setting technical direction, ensuring craft growth for your direct employees, and enabling a health team environment.
The portfolio of teams within the scope of this role have multiple operational models and run games in public cloud providers and Riot's own private cloud. Your customers and users range from prototype-level R&D teams to feature teams on Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, and League of Legends. You will report to the General Manager for Cross Products.
• Create, review, and reframe an engineering vision with the team and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads.
• Support the vision with a solid strategy including the reallocation of resources to focus on priorities.
• Operate with a strong results orientation emphasizing the importance of efficiency and productivity and prioritizing the highest-value work on the team.
• Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively.
• Mentor engineers identifying stretch opportunities for them to grow.
• Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
• Seek different perspectives to solve problems, encouraging engineers and others to contribute ideas. Base your decisions on sound analysis and avoid biases.
• Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
• Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years experience as an engineer.
• 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
• Strong understanding and experience building reliable, scalable, and maintainable software systems.
• Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
• Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
• Experience developing an enterprise data warehouse spanning across multiple teams.
• Experience with cloud data tools such as AWS or GCP
• Experience with big data technologies such as Spark or BigQuery
• Experience with relational or non relational databases such as PostGRES, MySQL, or DynamoDB
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnpxx-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.