On the Events team, we're creating experiences for our players that captivate their imagination, fully immersing them in the world of Runeterra and beyond. Within our Meta Game System, we're able to take players on a journey alongside their favorite League of Legends Champions with Art, Narrative, and Game Design seamlessly interwoven to deliver lasting, resonant adventures to be remembered.
As an Art Outsource Manager for the Events Team, you will report to the initiative Art Manager, but you will work closely with the Events Art Lead, helping drive and maintain direction with contract artists and vendor-partners, overseeing the visual quality and consistency of all assets for that in-client experience. As a well versed student of pop culture, you will leverage your artistic skillset, along with your understanding of diverse illustrative styles, to communicate clear and precise art feedback, through methods like paintovers as well as written and verbal feedback on character and background art assets that hit Art and Product goals.
• Collaborate with the art lead to give feedback and direction within different visual styles for character and background illustrations aligned to the art needs of large, cross-Riot events
• Ensure the quality and style being generated by outsource artists and vendors matches the look of in-client visual novel assets (characters and backgrounds) that works with the rest of UI elements
• Lead multiple external artists, leveraging established style guides and pipeline
• Provide clear, consistent feedback through verbal instruction and paintovers
• Communicate and collaborate with multiple different initiatives across our League product teams (Art, Narrative, Product Owners, UI, Game Design)
• Interpret art direction, break it down and convey it to team members and keep them moving in the right direction
• 5+ years of professional game development experience
• Proficiency in digital illustration software packages (Adobe CC, Clip Studio Paint, etc.)
• High craft level awareness of varying illustrative styles (2D character and environment illustration), with the ability to communicate, direct, and deliver feedback and instruct in those styles through paintovers.
• 3D modelling and texture skills with an understanding of stylized in-game 3D character and environment art.
• Familiarity of League of Legends IP including base Runeterra and Alternate Universes (Skin Thematics)
• Knowledge and awareness of gaming trends, especially in the visual novel and gacha genres
• Easy to work with, idea generator and problem solver, with a strong eye for polish.
• Understanding of UI principles, and how art assets are crafted for overall UI experiences
• Past leadership or management experience as a lead or outsource manager
• Tools experience: have worked in several tools, pipelines, and game engines.
• Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
• Experience managing outsourced assets
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9m2k-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.