As a Manager, Art Outsourcing, you will help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure sustainable production without compromising quality. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will aim to make the outsourcing experience outstanding and engaging for all parties involved. This role will report into the Manager, Animation.
• Develop initial creative briefs, for handoff to outsource partners
• Create pre-visualizations of Level up animations for outsource vendors to use as a base through strong understanding of timing, composition and camera movement.
• Provide feedback (written, reference, or direct paintover) to ensure work hits narrative, aesthetic, and product targets
• Handle the workflow of outsourced tasks. Including organizing and leading meeting rituals, gathering submissions by vendors, and, through the internal team, gathering feedback.
• Use your art background, understanding issues, ensuring quality across outsourced content and providing asset and integration support.
• Partner with Art lead/s to understand and internalize team's art style and requirements, eventually guiding vendors and outsource supervisors on meeting them autonomously.
• Professional experience working with art vendors concurrently, or professional experience working with multiple partners.
• 3+ years of professional experience working in 3D animation
• Partner with technical staff, artists, and business leaders
• Professional experience working on asset management and maintaining asset pipelines
• Professional experience creating and integrating art in a production environment
• Pre-vis and storytelling animation skills
• Passion for the CCG genre.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz56m2-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.