Localization Reviewer – Localization (Simplified Chinese, China) (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player‐focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the gaming experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor‐sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Localization Reviewer, your job is to improve our content localization quality and identify ways for it to grow and meet the expectations of players in China. You believe that authentic localization brings clarity to gameplay and enriches the player experience. You'll reject cheap localization tactics and push to do things right, like finding the right language and tone that resonate with local players. You'll meet high expectations for international content, promote localization transparency throughout Riot to encourage more involvement, and evolve practices on a global scale to increase efficiency.
• Monitor the ongoing quality of localization delivered through vendors
• Provide guidelines to vendors and operations. Answer questions to ensure linguistic consistency across all content types
• Establish a quality bar for the language
• Ensure that each Riot product has a local voice and standards through the creation of relevant documentation such as style guides
• Develop a local language database for each Riot product
• Communicate daily with external resources to ensure full context
• Track vendors work daily and communicate with them
• Full native proficiency in Simplified Chinese, with a background in linguistics or literary arts
• Full professional proficiency in English
• Solid understanding of League of Legends Lore
• Experience with game string management databases and tools
• Experience with online game localization
• Project management and/or coordination of processes
• Rich experience with hands-on translation
• Experience with MemoQ is a plus
• Can effectively communicate across cultural, distance, and language barriers
• Proactive problem solver. Can navigate ambiguous situations to create the best outcome for players
• League of Legends, VALORANT or Legends of Runeterra player.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!