League Operations Specialist
League Business Operations (LCK)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We celebrated the 10th year of LoL esports at the 2020 World Championship and we hope to share many more great experiences to our players through esports. We're looking for passionate professionals who share the same goal to make LoL esports even greater.
That's where you come in.
As part of the League Management Team in Seoul, you will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate one of the most sophisticated esports ecosystems in the world, LCK.
Your focus will be supporting the design, implementation and enforcement of policies that govern rights & responsibilities between LCK and its partners. These regulations include, but are not limited to, competition rules, sponsorship policies, IP rights, competition integrity protection, commercial terms, and corporate governance. You will directly liaise with team managers and owners to answer inquiries, identify and solve problems, issue approvals, investigate rule violations, brainstorm new ideas, and drive the decision-making process for regulatory changes.
• Maintain in-depth understanding of rules and regulations of the competition.
• Administer LCK committee and League Governor's Council proceedings.
• Collaborate with the finance department and esports business development team to support administration and inform the strategic direction of the League's business operations.
• Collect, analyze, and report complex data such as viewership and survey results to better understand our audience and their behaviors.
• Design experiments and provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions.
• Report to leadership on a regular basis about the goals, initiatives, and results of the esports products across the KR office.
• Experienced : you have 5+ years of work experience with a strong track record.
• Strategic and insight informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our business; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
• A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, emails, conference calls, etc.; you're able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message; you're comfortable presenting to large groups and building reports.
• Avid esports fan : you enjoy playing League of Legends and watching LoL esports.
• Esports industry understanding : you have a strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and team business.
• English speaker : You are native level fluent in written and spoken English communication.
• Background in management consulting.
• Experience in esports, games, or sports industry with a specialty in league management and operations.
• Experience in reviewing contract language.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.