As the LCS Creative Director, reporting to the LCS product lead, you will be responsible for driving the creative vision and direction for the LCS as a product (including content and broadcast). You'll partner with the LCS product lead to understand the goals for the LCS, the LCS publishing team for the strategy to achieve those goals and the Content Services department to execute on those tactics. Your primary responsibility will be to establish the fan-facing voice, look, and feel of the LCS, translate the product goals and marketing tactics into that voice, and work with the Content Services department to deliver that message. As part of the LCS leadership team, you'll help prioritize our big bets.
• Own the creative voice, look and feel for the LCS
• Create a partnership approach with other internal groups (publishing, content services, business development, league management, events, etc)
• Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
• Work with marketing to develop creative campaigns throughout the LCS season, including our biggest and most visible moments such as season start and LCS championships
• Collaborate with the creative services and broadcast graphics team to extend the LCS visual identity to key components of the broadcast, including stage design, and graphics packages
• Partner with Business Development to foster new innovative entry points for existing and prospective LCS partners
• Provide creative direction for a number of projects simultaneously, making sure none of them backslide over the course of creative development
• Keep abreast of creative work in the sports and esports industries and raise awareness internally around inspiring executions and missed shots
• 7+ years prior experience in content direction, copywriting, creative direction, or a related field
• A deep understanding of the emotional connection that comes with being a fan
• Excellent communication skills that allow you to convey your thoughts with ease and clarity, whether emailing league representatives, giving a presentation, or chatting about the amazing hole-in-the-wall restaurant you discovered last night
• A demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• An ability to strike a balance between upholding standards of creative excellence, and allowing creative leads to have a level of autonomy on their projects
• You are a League of Legends esports enthusiast, have watched matches and preferably have a favorite team or payer
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy76ok-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.