The Riot Legal team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot's company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what's ''best for the company'' always begins with thinking about what's ''best for players.'' Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners, must always be done with our players' interests in mind.
As an IP Enforcement Paralegal, reporting to the Director and Associate General Counsel responsible for IP Enforcement, you will be the primary point person on the Legal Team for daily IP enforcement work. You will protect Riot's intellectual property through enforcement actions, ensuring an authentic, high-quality experience for players of our games.
• Organize and process IP enforcement requests received from the business
• Survey, monitor, and catalog instances of IP infringement that require legal action
• Oversee outside vendors who assist with specific enforcement tasks
• Work with IP attorneys to send cease-and-desist letters, take-down notices, and initiate UDRP proceedings
• Prepare reports on IP enforcement activity and progress for partners
• 2+ years of experience sending DMCA and other types of take-down notices using popular platform tools (e.g., YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Redbubble)
• Experience drafting or revising cease-and-desist letters
• Experience working with attorneys and outside vendors on IP enforcement matters
• Experience with copyright and trademark laws
• Proficient in project management tools (e.g., AirTable, Jira, or MSFT Excel) and processes
• Familiarity with Riot's IP
• Experience with IP enforcement work for a global brand/IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1x37-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.