The Strategic Advisory department helps Rioters make strategic data-informed decisions. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, economists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world.
As an Insights Analyst III on the Central Technology team, you'll report directly to the Insights Manager of Capacity Planning and Forecasting within Central Tech (CT). The main goals of SA in Central Tech are to enhance the decision-making of leaders throughout the organization, guide and/or build strategic and financial plans, drive improvements to processes and systems and monitor performance. In this role, you will build and maintain economic models to forecast infrastructure needs and assess financial impact of technology decisions. You will build tools to monitor deployed game infrastructure capacity and provide leadership with relevant data insights.
• Build accurate models that will allow various stakeholders in the company (game teams, including pre-launch, as well as non-game teams) to assess their infrastructure strategy, capacity needs, and the resulting financial impact
• Partner with other teams, like Riot Data Products, to understand cost drivers and scaling factors, helping expand the reach and capabilities of the capacity planning and forecasting function
• Work closely with the Allocations and Attributions team to create a gap analysis between forecasts and actuals, establishing a recurring, automated method to validate forecasts
• Understand stakeholder pain points and needs in order to improve caliber of technology insights that the team provides
• Work with various technology leaders to understand and improve the financial impact of key deals and decisions, such as vendor selection, Build vs. Buy and outsourcing
• Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of professional experience in business intelligence, economic analysis, or related fields
• Proficiency in SQL, can maintain complex spreadsheets in Excel, and experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software
• Experience with economic and financial analysis
• Experience with cloud infrastructure capacity planning and forecasting
• Experience analyzing large datasets and communicating recommendations to leadership/partners
• Understanding of key technological solutions and concepts such as data pipelines and cloud, and how they can impact player or internal customer experience
• Experience with identifying cost drivers, especially in technical settings, and developing sophisticated financial models
• MBA or relevant post-graduate degree a plus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx777j-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.