Senior Software Engineer -, Commerce
Los Angeles, CA
Information Systems Engineer - Information Technology, IT Work Systems (Jira)
As an Information Systems Engineer (Jira) you will report to an IT Supervisor. You will join a multi-functional team collaborating to administer and support work systems at Riot Games. You will work with teams across the organization to understand requirements and implement work management solutions using Airtable, Confluence, Jira and Trello. We will rely on you to maintain our work systems so we can keep creating extraordinary games and experiences for players.
• Administer, configure and support of multiple large, self-hosted Jira Data Center environments
• Respond to support requests from users across the company
• Participate in on-call rotation and resolve production incidents
• Use ScriptRunner for Jira to develop behaviors, conditions, post functions, REST endpoints and other scripts
• Configure application integrations and security, solve access and permissions issues
• Work with teams across the company to enhance understanding of Riot work systems and promote adoption of standard methodologies
• Author and maintain operational process documentation, runbooks, technical designs and shared standards
• 4+ years experience configuring self-hosted Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization (at the scale of hundreds of Jira projects, thousands of users)
• 2+ years experience with Groovy scripting with Jira
• Disciplined and autonomous, comfortable context switching and adapting often as priorities change
• Proficiency with all the different Jira Project Configuration Schemes
• Proficiency with the ScriptRunner for Jira App
• Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban and Scrum
• Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable communicating with large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting standard operating procedures, and producing user-facing documentation
• Experience with other work management and collaboration tools such as Airtable, Trello and Confluence
• Experience integrating Jira with applications such as GitHub and Slack using application links, REST APIs and webhooks
• Knowledge of Jira Service Desk, including automating Confluence documentation integration and configuring dynamic service level agreement policies
• Experience upgrading self-hosted Atlassian applications
• Experience using reporting tools such as eazyBI for Jira or Tableau
• Experience with SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Experience building Jira Apps (plugins, add-ons)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkqq8-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.