As the Head of Operations for China Game Studios, you will partner closely with the Head of Studio to ensure the key aspects of Riot's development in China studio are running smoothly. You will operationalize the studio strategy and oversee day-to-day operations to ensure development efforts are effective. Your organization is accountable for both how our development teams operate as well as the day-to-day operations of the studio. You will ensure that our team is effective at building out and operating the studio office. You will partner with Talent to ensure that Recruiting is meeting the needs of the studio. You will support our government relations team to ensure that our development efforts meet necessary regulatory requirements. Finally, you will manage our China Partnerships lead, who is responsible for maintaining strong partnerships with our external development partners in China as well as the game team interfaces that ensure those relationships are successful.
In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Studio for China Game Studios, as a part of the global studio network.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of the studio
• Partner with the Head of Studio to grow the studio to support the needs of Riot game development
• Operationalize the studio strategy and monitor the key metrics across the studio
• Hire and day-to-day manage logistics and recruiting teams responsible for building out of the studio office - by partnering with local office and talent teams. Ensure that Riot's talent processes are implemented effectively in the studio.
• Ensure the local partner relationships are managed and effective, and work with the partnerships lead in crafting China strategies for Riot's portfolio of partnership titles
• Understand the operational capabilities of the studio and how those match to its strategies in order to plan for current work and future needs
• Partner with the Head of Studio to develop the internal work systems and process used throughout the studio, including how they operate effectively, whether and how they report status back to the studio, and how multi-team work is coordinated
• Work with department heads around Riot to represent China game studio's staff, service, and tooling needs through day-to-day operations
• 12+ years of industry experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, etc.
• 6+ years of management experience, with at least 3+ years of senior leadership experience growing leaders, designing scalable organizations, and building healthy, diverse, and inclusive teams
• Multiple years of direct ownership of operational responsibilities, including budgeting, recruiting, etc.
• Multiple years managing a partnership or outsourcing relationship. Experience managing excellent relationships with stakeholders.
• Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry in China
• Fluent English and Mandarin.
• 8+ years of experience in game development in China
• 8+ years of management experience on operations in China
• Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines across cultures
• Demonstrated ability in product or operation management and using prioritization schemes esp. in China
• Experience translating product vision into operating strategy an organization design
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnbey-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.