Riot Games' mission is to be the most Player-focused company in the world. As such, our Player Community team is essential in bridging the gap between internal teams and devs and our players through Communications, Social, Influencer, and Editorial work. As we begin to build community players in new and exciting ways, events take a central role in facilitating engagement both virtually and in person.
As the Head of Events on Global Marketing you will work collaboratively across Riot pillars and teams to develop and manage some of Riot's largest brand events, delighting our players and drawing in new audiences, while accelerating us towards the future of being the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll oversee end-to-end production event experience, working with our internal teams, external production partners, and with our regional peers to provide excellent events and experiences around the globe for our players.
The Head of Events will report to the Global Head of Player Community in Global Marketing under the Publishing pillar.
• Lead and shape the global event strategy that keeps players at the core and result in innovative, industry-leading experiences, including KPIs, tactics, and long-term impact
• Manage production and execution timelines, milestones, and tasks; ensure all team members are delivering quality results that continue to improve player experiences
• Create events including: oversee stage and technical production, manage event budgets, manage production vendors, develop creative concepts that meet event goals, and handle all event production logistics and deliverables
• Manage multiple medium to large-scale projects simultaneously, nurturing them from creation to completion while working with partners to align around the desired end result
• Work to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are identified and managed daily to meet expectations and project goals
• 8+ years of experience in event management with experience indexing in marketing, consumer experiences, and multi-faceted event programs, including with both private and convention or exhibition events
• 3+ years experience directly managing a team
• 5+ years experience serving as a primary point of contact for external vendors and production teams
• Strong familiarity with the common elements of event production, how they address both business and player needs, and how to integrate these elements together to create a memorable experience
• Knowledge of the video game industry and marketing production
• Experience working at tech or creative entertainment companies
• Passion for gaming and empathy for the player experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and creating strategies that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re54b5-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.