Campaign Content Producer
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As Director, Entertainment China, reporting directly to the Head of Riot Entertainment (dot line to region head), you will work with diverse teams to develop entertainment China strategies and products. You'll be responsible to help Riot to transform from a games company to an entertainment conglomerate in the coming decade. You'll uphold best practices, working within Riot's global entertainment business group to increase the IP awareness for our audiences through developing & launching our critical products in China.
• Lead and grow the China Entertainment team (currently 20+ diverse peers). Oversee China entertainment business including but not limited to local distribution of global franchise products, local franchise dev & mgmt (including but not limited to Film & TV, Music, etc), local IP expressions, local consumer products and licensing, and etc..
• Manage the overall relationship with our regional partner on entertainment stuff - esp. with our most important partner in China -Tencent. Build strong and strategic relationships & network among our local clients and suppliers with an efficient working process and communication channel in China
• Define and develop the regional entertainment strategy and roadmaps by working closely with the leadership team of Riot's Entertainment Group in the Los Angeles headquarters.
• Help develop the best entertainment products that resonate with Chinese players by working with Global and local partners (also delight / serve potential players outside of China if applicable). Identify and build content and production capabilities that scale globally - from China. Support global product roadmap with China resources.
• Responsible for driving incremental IP awareness through diversified entertainment projects (globally and locally produced content) for our audiences in China & globally
• Review and approve the local entertainment deals / local entertainment products in China markets, with the full visibility / alignment from relevant stakeholders
• Responsible for China entertainment team's operating budgets and regional P&L
• Build and level up the team, advocate for team culture, transparency, and positivity. Hiring great talent into the team.
• A strategic thinker and thought partner to both head of Riot entertainment group and China leadership. Should act as a champion of the China market and help the rest of Riot understand it's nuance and importance.
• 12+ years of working experience in Entertainment industry in a creative/ development/ production/business capacity at scale
• 8+ years of team management / people leadership experience, proven track record of building high performing teams. Proven to attract / hire the best talent from the market.
• Proven track record of developing top quality entertainment product portfolio and / or managing large scale of entertainment business including experience developing or producing Film, TV or Animation content
• Rich experience and proven track record of partnership management at senior level.
• Industry expert, experienced in developing an entertainment business from scratch or scaling an entertainment business within a large Organization in China
• Strong network in local entertainment markets.
• Bilingual (Chinese and English) is a must, familiar with both Western and Eastern culture and can effectively build the bridge between
• Proven track record as executive with general management skill and people leadership; rich experience of direct P&L management responsibility at scale
• Experience working with great artists on notable, well-executed content
• Rich experience working with different team members with diversified backgrounds and leading through influence across multiple teams and departments. Experience moving teams towards a unified vision and objective
• Enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing / fast-paced environment. Fast learning.
• Strong passion for games and desire to join gaming industry
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq80kz-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.