As the Head of Emerging Studios reporting to the President of Games you guide the organization that is the home for development teams who are working on Riot's new titles. Your mission will be to empower Executive Producers, amplify their strengths, clear away obstacles, and facilitate collaboration.
You can stretch from high-level thinking to tactical implementation, enjoy creating new ways to do things better without adding bureaucracy, have acumen, and you're able to tap into the pulse of an entire organization. You will also work across multiple teams, leaders and lines of business with many partners in and outside of the Games Pillar, including Finance, Publishing, Esports, Entertainment and regional operations.
• Oversee the dev strategy and priorities of Emerging titles including the creative and technical approaches, and develop strong go-to market plans to successfully launch Riot's upcoming games.
• Manage the EP(s) of the new game teams, helping teams establish important milestones, priorities and resource allocation
• Responsible for ensuring the Emerging titles develop games and content that delights players and delivers predictably and at Riot quality.
• Oversee Riot's new titles and guide development through the internal greenlight process and then our approval process.
• Oversee execution across teams, and support team culture and organizational development.
• Establish resource needs by product and develop solutions to meet their development needs.
• Partner with Head of Development Studios to build the talent capacity to support ongoing and new development needs (e.g. scale) ranging from co-development and vendor and outsourcing relationships.
• Ensure the studios/talent are operating as effectively as possible through managing productivity metrics, talent health, and quality metrics.
• Collaborate with Finance and Business Operations to prepare and submit budget and headcount plans as part of our annual planning process.
• Accountable and responsible for the studio's culture, financial plan, and strategic direction.
• Embrace your inner servant leader, leading your team to succeed, clearing obstacles and solving problems, and facilitating collaboration with teams and businesses across Riot's enterprise, globally.
• 15+ years of experience managing game development projects at scale.
• Demonstrated expertise in overseeing live operations for game services with long arcs (measured in years), including a steady flow of new content that drives key metrics like engagement, retention, and monetization.
• Experience working with intellectual property and brands, and collaborating with the partners that own these brands.
• Experience delivering high quality, triple-A products and recommending goals; oversee all financial operations including budgets, forecasts projections for the elastic workforce.
• Experience as the P&L owner for a department that has operated at global scale.
• Demonstrated experience managing the game development process at scale - multiple game studios or large teams.
• An understanding of the entertainment software development life cycle and tools from pre-production through to launch into live services.
• Experience managing global external partnerships.
• Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a larger company setting, like Marketing, Communications, Data Science, Legal, Partnerships and Business Development.
• Experience managing senior leaders like Studio Heads and Executive Producers who are accomplished in their own right. Experience inspiring the very best out of accomplished leaders who carry the creative vision for their products and teams.
• Experience defining and driving product and portfolio strategy and strategic execution.
• Experience working with independent developers, licensors, and other partners; experience managing these collaborations with finesse, inflecting product progress through influence and applying relationship equity to get the best outcome for all parties.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $360,000 USD - $540,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1w10-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.