Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
The Head of China CPX will report directly to the global CPX head. You will play a meaningful role in developing and executing the strategy for Riot's CPX business and determining the overall go-to-market approach including licensing strategy, e-commerce, channel management, and product and brand portfolio management. You and your team will work in collaboration with the Central team on building integrated product strategies across global and regional markets, ensuring products and programs are complementary while brand elevating. You wil l not only work closely with the REG leads and the other China Entertainment teams, but also collaborate with other business pillar leads to build and scale Riot's IP, lead a diverse team of consumer products professionals (including product managers, supply chain, ecommerce, creative etc.) and manage a China P&L. You'll be accountable for leading and managing the strategic merchandising partnership with Tencent.
• Lead all aspects of the CPX business in China, including licensing, ecommerce, product development, local product strategy, local retail partnerships, direct channels, local business planning and development, team development, management and reporting.
• Partner with key stakeholders in China and in Central office, across Global CPX and all business pillars to align strategy with China franchise planning and execution
• Manage the partnership with Tencent with the focus on merchandising and build a sustainable model for working together.
• Craft a distribution strategy and drive execution that optimizes player experience in China while significantly growing our product breadth, reach and access.
• Take accountability for the China CPX P&L
• Strong understanding of product lines, market dynamics, competitors, customers, and licensee competencies in China market
• Working closely with the multiple functional teams in Riot China to ensure the synergy and maximize player value
• 10~12 years or above of merchandising, licensing or consumer goods related experience, with 5 years of product and business leadership for major IP franchises developing direct and licensed products and managing agent relationships in China.
• You have scaled consumer products franchises and have led multi-faceted teams of creative, marketing, operations, and business colleagues.
• Equally at ease setting strategy and vision or rolling up your operator sleeves to drive product and financial planning and business development. You have led large and diverse teams and have a track record for supporting and developing talent.
• Capable of building world class teams (hiring, mentorship, growing people), recognized for driving alignment and momentum across complex organizations, and come with a reputation for cultivating positive relationships with the right external partners.
• Fully understand the company's global vision and roadmap, meanwhile can bring in the deep understanding of China market and player insight to support the decision making
• Being able to work in a multi-language environment and partner with people from different cultures & backgrounds. Fluent English + Chinese as must.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Thrive in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments and embrace taking risks and challenging convention in order to drive creative outcomes
• You are tuned in to the latest industry developments, and are knowledgeable of key product and licensed categories, manufacturers, and retailers across the Chinese merchandise landscape
• You have a visceral understanding
of what it means to love an IP and appreciate the care and nuance required to serve Riot's highly engaged player community effectively
• Being able to lead the team to deliver tangible results in the market. Down to earth and can forge all the resources to the driving force for our business.
• Passionate in gaming is a plus
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxzb21-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.