Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
As a Government Affairs, you will establish and maintain business-oriented government relations, promote Riot's image to related governments and trade associations, acquire critical policy information from government, and represent Riot games to participate in external official meetings. You will help explain Riot and what we do to people, especially to government officials who may not love game as much as we do to help Riot's business enter new area. You'll be working closely with publishing, production, communications, creatives, entertainments and other internal team, and provide advice to bring our products to Chinese players. You will ensure the contents we provide to players are fully in compliance with government policy and local law. You will be able to work with internal and external teams on game license application to manage the whole process and help our current and future games to obtain the necessary licenses.
• Expand network and establish solid bond with local and national government authorities, policymakers, and trade associations, to prevent our company from crisis of all kinds.
• Establish long-term strategic relations with key government officials by finding or creating opportunities of mutually-beneficial cooperation programs. Coordinate various resources, internal and external, local and global, for the success of implementation.
• Researchand closely follow up with government regulation changes that could affect our business and players.
• Assists senior management and leadership team with strategic decisions and plans making for known and potential regulatory policies and activities related to our business and players.
• Assess potential risks of different types of products and functions from the government perspective of content restriction, and work with products team to provide possible compliance solution.
• Responsible for maintenance of ICP license.
• Responsible for applying game license for Riot's games.
• Understand and interpret regulatory policies to internal teams for business needs.
• Bachelor degree or above and minimum three years' working experience in game/internet industry, preferred with government relations experience.
• Experience working with multiple internal partners in a creative environment.
• Excellent team player and communication skills, document / report writing and processing capabilities.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong legislation and policy interpretation skills, good command of government working process and its regulations;
• Good subject matter knowledge and experience of game industry and license application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwj78-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.