In response to the expanding breadth of IP from a single-game company to multiple games and genre-defining IP, we are looking to refine the capabilities of our marketing strategy to fuel the growth of this evolution and shifting value proposition. As the Global Marketing Insights + Effectiveness Lead, you'll be responsible for growing and owning the practice of measuring and evaluating the overall effectiveness of our marketing efforts and their impact on our most important customer, our players.
You will define ambitious goals, chart a course, and be empowered to work across organizational lines to build a world-class marketing effectiveness and insights practice.
This leader will be a proven expert in Marketing Effectiveness Insights & Analytics with a deep understanding of player audiences, their media consumption behaviors and priorities, the trends impacting them as well as potential impact on the growth of our marketing metrics over time. The right candidate for this role will have served in a leadership role in Marketing Effectiveness Insights & Analytics. Their knowledge will inform decisions including where we will derive meaningful growth through marketing strategies, which channel and creative content we optimize against, how we allocate the appropriate amount of spend against marketing levers and how we create a competitive marketing value proposition through brand and purpose-driven efforts now and in the future to meet changing market needs.
You will be responsible for building and running Riot's Global Marketing Insights + Effectiveness group. This includes:
• Develop and champion with global constituents the overall marketing effectiveness framework to ensure we can derive a point of view on the overall impact of marketing activities on growth and retention objectives.
• Oversee a team (and sometimes run yourself) the overall analytics set-up of tagging, tracking and boolean logic to achieve the learnings laid out in the measurement frameworks.
• Oversight and input into the data processing and storage platforms, this could include an audit of our current measurement toolset and recommendations for new vendors, insights tools and systems.
• Working with the day to day analysts on your team to craft meaningful insights around the data, helping the organization get smarter about marketing and growth decisions over time.
• Providing analytical insights to help optimize media and marketing strategies to derive growth at a game and cross-IP level.
• Continuously develop and improve processes to enforce the marketing effectiveness and insights approach, leading to more strategic/insightful understanding, recommendations, and workflow improvements.
• Development of ongoing dashboards to provide snapshot views of channel, content sentiment and game-level marketing health.
• Being a trusted advisor and partner to our business health and product marketing partners as well as creative and channel SMEs.
• Staff and onboard a team of 7 to bring your vision to life. Able to direct a team and foster an environment for growth and learning. Contribute to career development plans for all direct analytics reports.
• Ensure that deadlines are met, including managing stakeholder expectations.
• Promote an open and supportive working environment where opinions, views, and ideas are welcome and shared
• Willing to get into the ''weeds'' with direct reports to solve problems.
The successful executive for this role has a demonstrated capability to:
• Lead in a highly collaborative way.
• Operate in a high-growth environment.
• Articulate a strategy grounded in an agile execution plan.
• Be comfortable with rolling up sleeves to do the work, demonstrate traction, and build a team over time.
• Make data-informed decisions and define key metrics with which you'll measure progress.
• Walk in the shoes of our players in order to understand their behaviors and needs; develop/execute an approach to solve them, and articulate the solution in a clear and compelling way.
In your first three months, expect to:
• Articulate a hypothesis about where you want to take the practice (strategy) and design experiments / build execution approaches to get there.
• Be a well-integrated member of the organization at a leader level with positive relationships in product marketing, cross-channel SMEs, creative and MarTech.
In your first six months, expect to:
• Build your practice and begin positively impacting business growth.
• Have moved from purely planning to execution.
• See an impact from your involvement in early initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 12 years of experience in Marketing Effectiveness Insights + Analytics
• 5+ years mentoring and developing staff
• Working knowledge of digital media, DMPs, audience segmentations, media mix models, attribution models and ideally from an ad agency
• Proven ability to drive projects from start to finish
• Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate to internal managers and stakeholders
• Possess a robust and proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility and communicate priorities to direct reports
• High-level proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
• High-level proficiency in data manipulation through data interfaces and SQL-based queries
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to follow through
• Extremely detail-oriented and precise
• Proven ability to maintain strong internal, external, and client relationships
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89pp9-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.