Los Angeles, CA
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As the Global Head of Publicity, Awards, and Industry Relations, reporting to the Global Head of Entertainment Marketing, you will play a leadership role in developing the publicity strategy for Riot's Entertainment business. You will have experience developing strategy of publicity and awards (FYC) campaigns and experience in talent/industry relationship management. You will have deep relationships within the industry, and excellent creative ideas for marketing/publicity campaigns. You will lead discussions in a high-level studio meeting and work with talent and production partners. You will excel in a matrixed environment and will work with a broad group of partners including Riot's franchise development, game development teams, esports, and creative leaders within and outside of Entertainment to build Riot's IP for TV, film, and music.
• Lead Riot Entertainment's publicity, awards, and industry relations team
• Set clear goals for series/film/animation/music publicity in relation to Riot's desired outcomes
• Maintain meaningful collaboration with your counterparts in TV, Film, Music and Animation
• Establish credibility for Riot Entertainment, promote our value proposition and build relationships with entertainment publications, media, and talent
• Stay informed of the competitive market and entertainment marketplace
• Pitch stories and drive coverage for all entertainment projects
• Partner with other departments including Franchise, Marketing, Production, Research, and Business, and Legal Affairs
• Have knowledge of and relationships with important media in the industry
• Work with partners across all marketing/comms functions to create cohesive and powerful campaigns
• Manage a team, inspiring entrepreneurism and new ideas
• 8+ years publicity experience at a network, streaming service, or studio
• 4+ years experience as a people manager
• Knowledge of the television, film, music, and media industry
• Experience running campaigns across series or film and creating press opportunities for a variety of content
• Established relationships with entertainment media, talent bookers, studio partners, and talent reps
• Experience serving well-established fan audiences while inviting in new fans
• Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and knowledgeable about using social platforms to grow reach
• Knowledge of FYC/Awards campaigns
• Experience developing others into great executives
• Comprehensive knowledge of pop-culture
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Experience working with or at a streaming platform
• Experience with or knowledge of international media
• Experience working on a major video game IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.