At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As the Global Head of Creative Marketing for Riot Entertainment, reporting to the Head of Global Entertainment Marketing, you will play a leadership role in developing the creative marketing for Riot's Entertainment business. You will be a content marketing executive with experience driving groundbreaking creative and never before seen audience engagement activities for TV series, films and, music. You will sit at the intersection of culture and creativity. You will use your creativity and understanding of marketing channels to achieve fresh campaigns that create a groundswell of love and fandom for entertainment properties. You will be passionate about expanding IP fandom through innovation with a management style that emphasizes collaboration, communication, and commitment on all levels. You will excel in a matrixed environment and will work with a broad group of partners including Riot's franchise development, game development teams, esports, and creative leaders within and outside of Entertainment to build Riot's IP for TV, film, and music.
• Lead Riot Entertainment's global creative marketing team
• Work with partners and creatives across other divisions of Riot Games
• Establish the approach, look, and feel of all content marketing campaigns in partnership with internal strategic and cross department partners
• Guide creative direction and manage creative development with agencies and internal production partners
• Develop strategies that bring cultural relevance to projects amongst targeted audiences
• Build and present well-communicated strategies to executives and provide a logical framework for future innovation
• Identify new channels and creative opportunities for our content brands to activate
• Partner with strategic leaders of our content campaigns to push boundaries and develop new campaign projects that are industry firsts
• Win support for your campaign ideas from all relevant partners, including Riot executives and external talent
• Manage a team to help push creative innovation across all Riot Entertainment plans
• 10+ years experience marketing Entertainment content with experience engaging both fans and mass audiences
• 4+ years experience as a people manager
• Experience creating a story and representing it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
• Knowledge of the television, film, music, and media industry
• Experience creating fresh trailers, art, and social assets for Film or TV marketing campaigns
• Experience developing others into great executives
• Comprehensive knowledge of pop-culture
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Experience working with or at a streaming platform
• Experience with or knowledge of international media
• Experience working on a major video game IP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7vkk-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.