Game Designers at Riot work to create the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience to create new and engaging moments for players. You will report to the Design Lead.
As a Game Designer working on Metagame Systems on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will be an integral member to delivering an amazing League of Legends experience for millions of players around the world on Mobile and Console. You will design systems around monetization, content acquisition and progression. You will also assist and support other Systems Designers working on other systems including competitive, onboarding, player behavior, and events.
• Design systems that delight and satisfy players needs to acquire content, progress their account, and make satisfying monetization purchases
• Organize design feature discussions with our partners
• Work with the Design and User Experience Leads to create a great holistic experience across all platforms and regions
• Seek opportunities for new design spaces and opportunities in collaboration with Product Managers and External Advisors.
• Create clear and concise design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers.
• 2+ years of experience in professional game design experience in Progression, Behavior, Monetization, Economy, Onboarding, or Competitive systems -or- 3+ years of experience in a related field such data analysis or monetization
• Deep understanding of the Social, Engagement, Monetization and Progression systems.
• Deep Knowledge of the Mobile Gaming or Console landscape and audiences, strong understanding of MOBA design principles.
• History of feature ownership in high speed development with successes in managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players.
• Strong communication, empathy, and patience needed to work with international teams working across the globe with highly variable audience needs.
• Experience working on Console or Mobile games
• User Experience or Player Onboarding Experience
• Familiarity with League of Legends
• Bilingual (Mandarin Chinese) fluency - written and spoken
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7weq-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.