Game Designers at Riot create the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience to create new and engaging moments for players.
As a Game Designer on League of Legends: Wild Rift's Gameplay team, you will report to the Design Lead of the Wild Rift team. You will be an integral member to delivering an amazing League of Legends experience for millions of players around the world on Mobile and Console. You will design and improve gameplay content and systems. Including, but not limited to Champion Design, Game Balance, and Game Modes. Your experience, player insight, and creativity will create gameplay experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams across the globe, including the League of Legends PC team, to design and improve amazing, player-focused designs.
• Design gameplay content systems including Champions, Game Balance, and Game Modes
• Work collaboratively with the Design and UX Leads to create great gameplay experiences across all platforms and regions
• Seek opportunities for new design spaces and opportunities in collaboration with Product Managers and External Advisors.
• Mentor and support other Game, UI, and UX designers on the team
• Create clear design documentation that can be evaluated and implemented by non-designers.
• 3+ years of experience in professional game design experience, with at least 2 years working on gameplay content or systems.
• Experience creating highly resonate content that appeals to specific player types
• Knowledge of game balance approaches and best practices
• Deep knowledge in either the Mobile Gaming space or Console landscape and audiences
• History of feature ownership in high speed development with successes in managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players
• Can document the details of complex design structures and partnering with multidisciplinary teams members to provide those systems to players
• Strong communication, empathy, and patience needed to work with international teams working across the globe with variable audience needs
• Deep knowledge of League of Legends and MOBA Design
• Experience working on MOBAs, Console, or Mobile games
• User Experience or Player Onboarding Experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).