In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. The Global Esports Event team is the group responsible for producing the global League of Legends, Valorant and Wild Rift competitive international tournaments. Our vision is to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That's where you come in.
In this position, you will be the Manager, Esports Event Production - Executive Producer for a portfolio of global competitive events as Riot Esports scales. You will use your strategic, operational and creative expertise to produce and lead the design and execution of large scale global events for live and broadcast audiences. You will set the strategy and vision to produce a global portfolio of events and collaborate across Riot Games to deliver world-class events to our fans.
• Directly lead the strategy and production of a global event portfolio, including but not limited to: strategy and goals, locations & city bidding, budgeting and forecasting, creative vision, broadcast, ceremonies, ticket sales, and more.
• Develop a highly-functional producing team, fostering a positive and healthy environment. Assess and manage headcount needs, resources and allocation, develop and performance manage individuals on the team.
• Create and lead the strategy for the portfolio and individual events - everything from resources, headcount and organizational design, event priorities, vendor strategy and multi-year planning and strategy.
• Manage and maintain senior relationships across Riot Games for collaboration across events and the event portfolio.
• Develop a budget strategy for the portfolio and forecast for events using historical data and bottom-up estimation based on the scope & priorities, location, and complexity of the shows.
• Set the creative vision for shows and the portfolio and partner with industry leading creative and production partners. Lead the strategy and produce creative initiatives, such as opening ceremonies and all creative expressions for the portfolio and individual events, such as thematic, set design, visual and special effects, music, live performances and more.
• Partner to drive the broadcast experience of shows and collaborate with Broadcast teams on areas such as strategy, run of show, broadcast features, on-air talent, features and more.
• Lead collaboration with Riot teams to seamlessly integrate IP, content and other Riot initiatives within live events. Collaborate and drive initiatives with Riot esports teams such as League Operations, Business Development and Publishing in the planning of events and ad-hoc projects.
• Create and develop relationships with the industry, including creative agencies, artistic talents, vendors and freelancers, and manage multiple vendors and partners through the execution of our events.
• When needed, become operationally involved in events at the Event Producer level-work to ensure successful delivery of events.
• 8+ years of experience in production.
• Experience in leadership positions, guiding teams through the execution of live events, shows, TV or film productions.
• Experience with large-scale events for 10,000+ attendees.
• Hands-on experience as an Executive Producer or senior producer, with a solid background in events strategy, events production, and creative executions.
• Experience with events broadcast, in any of its various forms.
• 3+ years of experience as a people manager.
• 10+ years of experience in production.
• 5+ years of experience as a people manager.
• 5+ years of experience with events broadcast.
• Outstanding creative capabilities.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rje5e1-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.