Esports Product Manager (TFT / LoR)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the ''s'' in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the Esports department is responsible for exploring and identifying new Esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Product Manager, you will work within the Multi-Game Esports Team to bring joy to our players through our Esports products for Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra. You will help shape and oversee all aspects of the products and ensure successful delivery of Esports events and contents by working with the Riot Central team, local publishing teams, and third-party operators.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you will join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
• Design and manage the competitive seasonal structure, format, and schedule for each product.
• Define the product requirements and manage the partners and vendors to ensure satisfactory execution of the requirements.
• Draft and enforce regulations, policies, and rules, in close collaboration with Riot Central team.
• Handle event logistics, including collection and handling of various documentation and communication with teams and players before, during, and after the event.
• Coordinate marketing efforts with game publishing teams and external partners to promote each product effectively to our players.
• Support the RFP process and evaluation of third-party organizers to select production/operation partners for each product.
• Oversee the review and approval process for third-party event proposals.
• Experienced : You have 5+ years of work experience with a strong track record.
• English speaker : You are fluent in written and spoken English communication.
• Strategic and insight-informed : You have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up our channels; you root these insights in strong analysis metrics and stats and know how to turn an insight into a big idea.
• Clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you're able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message.
• Open-minded : You enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
• Proactive self-starter : You're a highly-motivated independent thinker who'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission.
• Avid learner : You are always hungry to learn new things. In the Esports market, where things are changing very fast, you are able to not only keep up with the new trends, but also possess the skill sets to apply the lessons learned.
• Avid gamer : You enjoy playing Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra.
• Experience in esports, games, or sports industry with a specialty in league management and/or operations.
• Experience in vendor management.
• Experience owning a product from ideation to launch.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n49m-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.