- Full Time
Job DescriptionRiot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As New Esports Operations Manager you will report to the Head of Esports Brazil and lead the Esports Operations Department in São Paulo. You will lead a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate our new Esports scenes - VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics and the upcoming Wild Rift esports products in Brazil.
Your focus will be the administration and operation of Riot Games esports in Brazil. Esports in Brazil is a mature ecosystem which spans professional leagues of League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics and VALORANT, as well as an expansive semi-professional ecosystem such as CBLOL Academy, VALORANT Game Changers and Teamfight Tactics ProLegends. In collaboration with your colleagues, your goal is to operate a competition ecosystem that offers best-in-class sports media entertainment for fans, an aspirational career opportunity for pro players, a healthy business environment for teams and partners, and a competition that meets the highest standards of competitive integrity.
• Lead a team of league operators to manage day to day competitive operations and governance of our esports properties in the territory
• Lead a team of player management Rioters to manage day to day activities with teams and proplayers, as well as be a point of contact for pro team management to handle more complex competitive operations
• Manage vendors and third party contractors in charge of managing the technical infrastructure of all Riot Esports leagues, in terms of physical infrastructure, changes to the tournament environments (including new implementations, security issues, maintenance and outage handling)
• Manage and/or coach team members, provide guidance in day to day work
• Work closely with the Product Lead and Head of Esports to continue developing a competitive ecosystem that lasts for generations
• Work closely with Broadcast and Business Development in order to align all product features and calendars, and sponsors responsibilities across all competitive Leagues
• Maintain and evolve the competition rules and policies to match the ever-changing needs of the ecosystem
• Develop robust processes with vendors and contractors to meet our high standards for integrity and operational excellence
• Be in close sync with competition managers for other Riot Games esports titles to create synergetic processes and consistency across the ecosystem
• Support our dispute resolution and investigation efforts to help resolve conflict and uphold the integrity of the competition
• You have experience or advanced degree in esports or sports league administration, sports media entertainment, or equivalent
• You speak English fluently
• You have very good knowledge of League of Legends and VALORANT and its mechanics; you can tell if it's a bug and not a feature
• Strong knowledge of the esports industry in Brazil
• You know how esports tournaments work and you have consistent knowledge about competition rules and operations, about the technical infrastructure needed for a professional Esports tournament and basic knowledge of broadcasting operations.
• Experience in managing external vendors and contractors
• You have experience in working closely with business development to support monetization efforts
• You have experience as a people manager or team lead
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Knowledge in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Spanish, is desirable
• You are very familiar with the League of Legends and VALORANT esports scenes
• You have a strong understanding of the esports and sports industry, league and team business
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
As a Sao Paulo Rioter, you'll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Sao Paulo is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.