Staff Software Engineer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Live Producer (SEA), you'll be part of the Esports team in Singapore to plan and execute regular esports broadcasts. You'll go beyond the basics of broadcasting as you help the production team jump in front of hitches before they become glitches.
Based in Singapore, you'll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games SEA is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
With your experience working on live shows, you'll be working hand in hand with multiple departments as well as communicating between Esports teams, providing context and helping turn dreams into reality. As a key member of the crew, you'll streamline the production process so that live broadcasts can run smoothly without disruption. You will create proactive solutions to ensure stability and reliability of the broadcasts, to delight fans across Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.
You will report to the Esports Operations Lead, SEA to align your management strategy and ensure that you have the correct resources to be successful.
The show must go on, and you are the person that millions of SEA esports fans will depend upon.
• Design and manage an SEA Esports technical infrastructure that maximizes stability across a large geographic area and optimizes for remote broadcast
• Serve as the gatekeeper and champion for all changes to the SEA Esports tournament environment including new implementations, security Issues, maintenances, and outage handling
• Execute as Product Owner and advocate for features and processes that can lead to a more robust esports live service and better spectator experience
• Assist and support all of our local esports leagues and tournaments, across the SEA, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau region
• Travel across the region to support live esports events
• Update esports operations partners (LP, Ops, NOC) on major updates and upcoming changes
• Be the point of contact for esports operations partners for any broadcast interrupting issues
• Extensive experience working on live operations and/or live event broadcast project with a live tech environment
• Has clear understanding of routing and networking concepts, including network troubleshooting tools
• Has experience working with live video game content
• Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and senior members of the organization
• Passionate about esports and live broadcasts
• Regional experience working across different countries/markets within Southeast Asia, including an understanding of general cultural and localization differences
• Strong knowledge of the broadcast industry with additional curiosity on remote broadcast engineering
• Experience with live services tech companies desired
We offer a medical, dental, and vision plan that covers you, your spouse, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus AD&D are also available. Riot will support your retirement savings with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. For this position, full relocation support is provided, as well as phone bill coverage and a monthly food allowance.
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.