The delivery lead role is interlaced on teams throughout the entire Europe & MENA esports office, coordinating across different products and countries as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to achieve excellence.
Delivery Leads guide teams to provide player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focus on continual improvement.
As Esports Development Manager, League of Legends, you will guide delivery of League of Legends Esports tournaments across the Europe & MENA region from qualifiers through to regionals and cross-country finals, esports publishing, events and live operations. Serving as the air traffic controller for emergent work, you'll prioritise product increments across multiple complex problem domains. Your work will help to drive positive impact for players and Riot alike. Furthermore, you will support other products and projects managed by the Europe & MENA Esports team outside of League of Legends, as needed.
• You will manage the delivery of the League of Legends esports ecosystem in EMEA and will be assigned to other products if necessary
• You will contribute to the overall product strategy and support the Product Lead in the decision-making process
• You will coordinate all resources and position them to work together to create the new sport players want and deserve
• Manage our P&L ensuring funds are spent with intent
• Create a healthy team ecosystem with all team members by facilitating and iterating on team process such as retros and planning
• You will be responsible for designing a roadmap and driving its execution
• Design and champion our work systems
• Communicate and defend team goals and priorities with partners
• Anticipate and reduce blockers to delivery and surface risks to our calendar to the product lead
• Oversee dependency management and manage delivery risks management
• 4+ years of experience in development management, product- or project management
• 4+ years of experience creating roadmaps and managing large-scale projects
• Expert level Agile craftsman, understand Agile principles and practices
• Good knowledge of the esports industry globally
• Experience managing multiple partners
• Experience creating milestones within large-complex programs
• Experience as a delivery lead in sports and esports
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Commuting allowance
• Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
• Travel allowance
• Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!