As Manager of Esports Content Production LATAM, you will lead a team of fellow gamers and esports professionals to develop content marketing programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the esports audience in Latin America. You'll set the pace and strategic direction for content creation in Latin America, supporting Product Leads to implement their player-focused initiatives.
For all LATAM esports leagues and initiatives, you will develop the product content strategy and oversee and produce video and editorial content that tells the story of the teams and their stars. You will also collaborate with Product Leads and the LATAM Publishing teams to create epic stories of the heroics and heartbreaking moments that happen on our shows, content activations and live events.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Esports Management to align your content strategy with our overall esports strategy for the whole region.
You will be based in Mexico City, Mexico and join a dedicated team of Rioters who are working on esports initiatives across all Riot Games titles.
You will be committed to ensuring that Riot is the most player-focused game company in the world.
• You will collaborate with the LATAM Publishing team and build and run a capable Esports content services team that delivers top-notch content, communication and marketing efforts to Latin American players.
• You will manage a team of Rioters and partners (vendors and contractors) that will design, deploy and operate broadcast, event and production workflows and solutions to deliver our products to esports fans
• You will recruit, retain, and grow content producers and agencies who'll help Riot reach its strategic goals for esports initiatives.
• You will lead the Strategic & Planning Forecast for the function team, accounting for the budget execution and impact on the P&L of the business unit.
• You will develop relationships with Global Esports Content Services, regional partners and outsourced vendors to prioritize Esports content services needs across the region.
• Draw on your intimate understanding of our players and fans, identifying and proposing messaging that drives their engagement.
• Champion broadcast and content production innovation by designing the path of evolution for our processes, solutions and creative repertoire
• You will set goals for and track the performance of our content efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
• You have a degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar
• You have 8+ Years experience in Content and Content Planning and Production, with an expert level of B2C marketing (including digital) tools.
• You have at least 5 years of leadership experience in Digital Content Production (broadcast, A/V or similar).
• You can develop the skills your team needs to grow using both on-the-job and training options.
• You understand your impact on the player experience because you are one of us too. You use that knowledge to improve the experience of all our games.
• You have a broad vision of the Latin American esports and media landscape.
• You have verbal and written Spanish and English skills
• You can explore metrics and analyze gamer trends to construct business cases that support initiatives, help establish best practices, position products and develop strategies for creative and media.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r78xpq-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.