Director, Product Management (Insights & Monetization) - Unpublished Fighting Game
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. The Director, Product Management will be a member of the game's leadership team focused on building actionable strategic and business plans; pushing that strategy into operations on the development team; monitoring performance against targets; leading vision and execution for live operations; driving improvements to our processes and systems to support better decision making; and building, managing, and operating a team that can meet the insights & monetization needs of the product . Since the role touches on all parts of the product and business, the role will require a leader that has broad experience in PM, strategy, research, analytics, monetization, and game development.
• Maintain strategy & audience understanding for the game and operationalize that strategy by ensuring the development team's efforts are aligned with the critical path of creating a successful product & business and are executed effectively and efficiently
• Identify and prioritize product choices that create competitive advantages and adapt to changing market dynamics (eg: competitive, legal, etc.)
• Build a comprehensive, detailed live operations strategy and roadmap that aligns with the overarching product vision; oversee the development of the relevant capabilities on the team and coordinate execution against that plan
• Connect product strategy with broader organizational, business, and company strategy
• Support the strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process for the Business Unit; set targets for and monitor performance against development plans, goals, finances, & product KPIs
• Oversee the Insights discipline on the project which will handle issues relating to data, research, revenue, cost, financial processes/standards, and other related areas of expertise including playtesting, market research, financial & other forecasting, telemetry & reporting, and business model development.
• Ensure efficient and effective resource allocation (workforce planning, spend)
• Formally manage, lead, mentor, elevate performance of, and support career growth for PM and Insights Rioters within the BU
• Workforce planning, staffing, and hiring for PM & Insights positions on the BU
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Psychology, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline plus 9 years of relevant experience (an advanced degree can account for up to 2 years of experience)
• 3+ years of experience in a Product Management role on a game team, or similar experience
• Meaningful familiarity with several of the following crafts: analytics, data science, research, revenue strategy / monetization design, and player growth
• 3+ years experience managing high performing individuals and teams
• 3+ years experience working directly in game development
• Experience owning strategy development for a product or business in a leadership capacity and operationalizing that strategy via ownership or advisory
• Experience building and leading cross-functional teams
• Highly quantitatively literate with strong ability to analyse, interpret, and synthesize data to inform decision making
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to engage in healthy constructive debate
• Capable of building strong collaborative relationships with peers across Riot, and of influencing senior stakeholders
• Experience and expertise in several of the previously mentioned crafts
• Experience working on a high profile game with global reach through development, launch, and live operations
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkz618-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.