Riot's mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runterra, and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it's an exciting time to be a ''Rioter.''
As the Director, Product Management on an unannounced R&D project, you will be a member of the game's leadership team focused on building actionable strategic and business plans; pushing that strategy into operations on the development team; monitoring performance against targets; leading vision and execution for live operations; driving improvements to our processes and systems to support better decision making; and building, managing, and operating a team that can meet the insights & monetization needs of the product. Since the role touches on all parts of the product and business, the role will require a leader that has broad experience in PM, strategy, research, analytics, monetization, and game development. You will report to the EP of the project.
• Maintain audience & strategic understanding for the game and operationalize that strategy by ensuring the development team's efforts are aligned
• Work with the Game Director & Creative Lead in identifying opportunities and formulating strategies that create competitive advantages
• Build and execute against a comprehensive live operations strategy and roadmap that aligns with the overarching product vision
• Support the strategic planning and forecasting process for the Business Unit
• Set targets for and monitor performance against development plans, goals, finances, & product KPIs
• Hire, manage, lead, mentor, and support career growth for PM and Insights Rioters within the BU
• 6+ years of experience in a Product Management role on a game team, or similar experience
• Meaningful familiarity with the following crafts: Analytics, Data Science, Research, Revenue Strategy / Monetization Design, and Player Growth
• 4+ years experience managing high performing individuals and teams
• 2+ years experience working directly in game development
• Experience owning strategy development for a product and operationalizing that strategy
• Experience building and leading cross-functional teams
• Experience working on a AAA game with global reach through development, launch, and live operations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $204,000.00 - $307,000.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n7v3-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.