Riot's mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it's an exciting time to be a ''Rioter.
WHO WE ARE: The Product Management, Global Publishing discipline partners closely with product and publishing leaders to bring forward analyses, recommendations, solutions, products and strategies that address complex player experience and business issues to achieve the best outcomes for players that align to company goals. We are united by our desire to build player-focused strategies that maximize business so that we're able to serve players for the long run. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources and perspectives to ensure we're informed by a deep understanding of who our players are. We work every day to make it better to be a player and are looking for a Director, Product Management, Publishing - Wild Rift to join the game and publishing leadership team.
ROLE: As the Director, Product Management, Global Publishing - Wild Rift you will be an integral part of the Wild Rift leadership team. You will partner closely with the game EP, and other leaders across games, publishing, entertainment and esports to drive holistic strategy and planning and lead cross-disciplinary teams to arrive at shared outcomes. You'll define and drive publishing strategy for the complete ecosystem strategy, with a sharp focus on the players we serve. You will oversee global brand & marketing strategy for Wild Rift, from go-to-market planning and launch, through post-launch support and sustainment. Additionally, the team will be the point-of-contact between the game and technical teams and regions publishing teams The team is dedicated to providing the best experience possible for players globally and ensures the delivery of all necessary components to publish and maintain a game successfully.
• Build a holistic global publishing strategy that will guide global and regions teams for Wild Rift
• Build and lead high-performing global marketing, product management, and creative teams; regularly assess the team's health and composition, with a relentless strive for cohesion gains across the board.
• Lead the development and implementation of global marketing and in-game events initiatives, which span multiple key markets
• Serve as the primary connection point between product strategy and publishing teams globally
• Partner with the EP to build publishing strategy and a holistic player and business outcomes for the games ecosystem
• Drive holistic publishing vision for the Wild Rift ecosystem in alignment with EP's vision
• Manage all publishing project managers dedicated to Wild Rift, working closely with product teams to deliver in-game experiences to drive shared outcomes across regions
• Partner with game teams to ensure regional player insights as well as cross-org planning considerations are part of long-term planning from the outset.
• 5+ years (10yrs+ preferred) of experience in Brand Management, Marketing, Project Management, or related video game publishing fields. Including 3+ years in mobile games publishing
• Experience working on global publishing campaigns including an understanding of publishing and submissions requirements, such as age ratings.
• Intimate knowledge of the global mobile games landscape, current competition, innovations and trends, ever-evolving player expectations and how they impact our business
• Understanding of cultural trends across entertainment, fan and youth culture, including key mobile games centric markets.
• Experience leading teams towards a cohesive, audience-focused vision
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively, whether across teams, borders, time zones, or desks.
• Experience working across multiple teams in different disciplines and locations, with excellent relationship management skills.
• Strong understanding of how successful publishing impacts players and how different options for bringing a game to market directly guide product reception.
• Business Fluency in English/Mandarin
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5oow0-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.