Manager, Data Engineering - Global eSports
Los Angeles, CA
The Office of the CEO (OCEO) is the execution arm for the CEO of Riot Games. Our mission is to amplify the impact of the CEO and Riot's executive team (LC1) by being a thought partner, facilitator, and executor. We're accountable for the following - incubating strategic capabilities, managing the CEO's presence, operating Riot's leadership rituals, leading and performing special projects, and supporting LC1.
As Director, PMO & Change Management, OCEO, reporting to the VP of Corporate Ops, you will lead Riot Corporate's Program Management Office (PMO) and Change Management Center of Excellence. You will have overall responsibility for managing the delivery of all cross-functional Corporate programs and for establishing Riot's Change Management framework and toolkit. You will also manage the Corporate PMO team.
• Manage end-to-end Corporate PMO strategy plan, which includes using best practices and techniques in quantifying and tracking the delivery of cross-functional Riot programs
• Lead the delivery of the most impactful and most urgent Corporate programs
• Lead the continuous improvement and implementation of Corporate program management/change processes, methods, tools, and guidelines
• Establish program reporting standards so that our cross-functional strategy teams understand the program landscape
• Develop a centralized change control process for projects and operations across Corporate
• Maintain the portfolio and operational change register
• Lead the development of the PMO team, team configuration, and recruitment
• Provide management and mentoring to PMO team and functional project managers to build PMO capability
• Build relationships with senior leadership/important PMO partners and act as a trusted advisor
• Evaluate important projects and identify the areas (resources, schedule, risks) that either require additional definition or are not being sufficiently managed
• 8+ years of project and program management experience, including team management experience
• 2+ years of building or transforming a PMO
• Experience communicating the PMO vision while inspiring and motivating PMO team members
• Experience with financial management principles as they relate to portfolio and project management
• Experience building, motivating, and mentoring a team, with a passion for inspiring others at all levels
• Portfolio and project management experience, plus knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application
• Experience attracting and developing others through personalized development plans with experience developing future leaders
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced degree such as MBA or Masters
• Experience working with both internal and external programs
• PMP certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.