As the Director of Software Engineering for the Service Operations Initiative in the Tech Foundations group, you will lead an engineering organization that builds and ships services that provide the foundation for all games within the League Studio.
You will shape the technical vision and drive the execution of the team's roadmap in partnership with other engineering leaders while working with cross functional roles in product management and design. You will strengthen the engineering culture in the organization and support the managers and engineers, working with them on growing their skills and helping them reach their career goals.
You will report to the Tech Foundations Engineering Lead.
• Design, implement, and maintain an discipline structure to meet objectives and ensure healthy teams, people and craft
• Hire world-class Engineers by stewarding our hiring best practices and ensuring the engineers we hire advance our craft.
• Own the health and development of the tech org and its structure, and ensure the appropriate growth plans for your engineers and leaders and train them to be effective creators of player value
• Foster healthy cross teams and functional relationships on matrixed projects that are co-developed with input and resources from multiple business units
• Plan optimal technical solutions to modernize services and reduce bespokeness
• Cultivate and encourage DevOps culture within the team
• Articulate the player value of technical decisions and partner with product owners and other discipline leads to collectively make good trade-offs between technical quality, technical debt, and shipping features
• Build and maintain strong relationships with your cross-discipline product leadership team, while advocating for Tech needs, driving the right, balanced choices between product and technology
• Ensure your team has a technical vision that is aligned with product goals. Share visibility with the rest of League Studios to maximize cross-business unit alignment opportunities
• Collaborate with other initiative Engineering Leads to to steward tech vision and maintain a high bar for engineering best practices such as design and review processes
• Own the remediation of compliance and security issues to ensure services and environment are compliant with necessary regulations
• BS in Computer Science and/or experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
• 8+ years prior experience in software engineering
• 3+ years prior experience managing managers across multiple teams
• Demonstrated ability to recognize leadership capabilities, and mentor individual contributors into management and leadership roles
• Experience growing and mentoring those around them across all roles and levels
• Experience collaborating with members outside of their immediate organization to achieve team/organization goals
• Demonstrated success working with Product Owners and Disciplines beyond Engineering
• Experience with game development technology and expertise with tech stacks used in services
• Passion and affinity for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics Wild Rift
• 5+ years of leadership experience in games, entertainment, or media industry
• Deep subject matter expertise spanning multiple genres and platforms
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkppv4-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.