As a Director of Art Management at Riot, you will manage a team of Senior Art Managers and be focused on People Management, Craft Health, Systems, and Art Operations. You are also responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of direct reports and ensuring that the team is meeting product needs, partnering with Production for a healthy art development pace.
As a Director of Art Management for LoL-PC, you will report to the Sr. Art Director. If the Sr. Art Director is the 'Why' & the 'What', then the Director of Art Management is leading the 'How' and building the 'Who'. You will lean on your years of experience to help manage one of the most well-oiled, 'destination' creative teams in the industry, building some of the most robust, scalable systems, collaborative partnerships, and player-focused content. The Director of Art Management's focus and responsibilities lie in the operations and process of the art team. You will support the Senior Art Managers and Craft Leads on LoL-PC, both in leadership-craft and career as we create assets that will both surprise and delight players. You will work with Initiative Product Leads, Initiative Delivery Leads, Stakeholders, and the Sr. Art Director to stay aligned on vision and priorities while maintaining consistent art quality and style.
• Manage career growth and compensation of all direct reports.
• Responsible for a healthy art team, considering pace, size, growth; Staffing, Hiring, Performance Management of and through Senior Art Managers & Art Leads
• Hire talent for the team and ensure a good onboarding experience.
• Managing contracts for external artists
• Leading efforts in Art Documentation & organization of systems; Drive the development of style guides, clarity frameworks, and process/pipeline guidelines
• Lead LoL PCs Creative efforts in Cross-Product Initiative development (i.e. Internal Transfers, Product Debt. Prevention).
• Collaborating with Wild Rift and partnering with Outsource Art Director and team
• Manage and communicate progress with the wider team
• 10+ years experience in video games industry
• 4+ years of management experience, deep understanding of leadership fundamentals
• Worked on shipped titles and sustained titles ('evergreen' projects, like LoL)
• Understanding of task prioritization techniques/processes
• Understanding of Forecast Model and tracking software
• Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows
• Familiar with manager work systems (Performance Calibration methods and software)
• Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear feedback
• Experience in creating high quality, stylized art (such as 2D concepts, 3D character, animation, or VFX)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v6xx-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.