The Development Manager II (Player Support) reports to the Riot Dublin Senior Development Manager, and is requested by the Player Support Manager to support the European Player Support (EPS) product, service and organization.
In addition to typical Development Manager qualities, you'll also need an understanding of Player Support/Customer Service operations, processes and best practices, with the ability to work with different teams located across multiple offices. The ability to support the European Player Support Organization plus Partners, building pipelines and navigating uncertainty is a must, making use of an environment where ideas are discussed freely to explore known and new opportunities.
The European Player Support team supports a service desk operation (incidents, change & service requests), designed to meet player needs +1, build trust and boost player joy for all Riot Products, across 13 languages for players in timezones from Iceland to India.
If you want to work in an open multicultural environment, have global impact, and help Riot in creating ''feels good, feels native'' support experiences for our Players regardless of where they are, then maybe this challenge is for you!
• Align autonomous teams towards complex goals on multiple projects
• Assess the team's composition, health, and work systems while striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
• Adapt planning tools, methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful and sustainable delivery
• Create transparency and predictability through vision definition, roadmaps, planning and risk management
• Organize and facilitate team Agile Rituals (past examples include: sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily scrum, sprint retrospectives, scrum of scrums, and sprint reviews.)
• Grooming, evaluation, maintenance and evolution of the Europe Player Support work group delivery tooling (including Jira boards, Dashboards, Structures), training materials, run books.
• Creation, maintenance, and evolution of the Europe Player Support work group dashboards and reports that visualize and focus the team on strategic outcomes and influence goals and progress.
• Creation, maintenance and moderation of Europe Player Support meeting charters, communication channels, ritual agendas/notes, and other artifacts.
• 5+ years of experience leading projects using formal project management methods and Agile principles
• BA/BS degree in a related technical field such as Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience leading diverse teams that build and deploy digital/service solutions through entire development life cycle (SDLC) – from conception to launch, and transition to operation
• Experience chartering teams and projects that involve cross-team collaboration in ambiguous spaces
• Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels
• Experience with project management software e.g. JIRA, MS Project, Rally, Plainview...
• Experience in scaling Agile frameworks (DA, SAFe, LESS...)
• Experience working with automation, DevOps or Live Services reliability engineering environments
• Knowledge of ITIL practices
• History leading remote and distributed teams
• Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels.
• Experience facilitating meetings with senior management.
• Experience working in a Service Desk environment.
• Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations.
• Knowledgeable in ALM Structure use, configuration, and limitations.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx4p3-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.