Release Manager - Riot Forge
Los Angeles, CA
As a Development Manager III on the Live Operations team, you will help lead a group of teams that monitor and operate everything from the internal network to the game services. Live Operations is tasked with ensuring prevention and resolution of issues that prevent players from playing or Rioter's from working. As a global service team, we must strive to offer the best operational service possible and keep the trust of our players and partner teams. We operate at a scale that challenges us to constantly improve and shorten the time to provide new tooling, process and value to the players. You will report to the Senior Manager for Live Operations.
• Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
• Regularly assess the team's, health, and composition, enthusiastically striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
• Manage and plan development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
• Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
• Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management
• Drive team consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to partners
• 7+ years experience managing technical projects
• Experience leading engineering or operational teams and projects
• Understands hardware/software product life cycle – from creation, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service
• Led teams to provide products to worldwide markets
• Charter large projects with multiple teams
• Overseeing overall team health; it's tracked and improving
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• History with leading remote and distributed teams
• Experience working in a matrixed technical organization.
• Experience working in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environments
• Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
• Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
• Designed work systems on Team of Team level and pod level
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.