As Development Manager for Global Channel Publishing (GCP), you will oversee the Production work system for watch experiences within GCP. You will manage the development of these products/channels to ensure their efficient delivery, visibility of work progress, minimizing development risk and maximizing player-value. You will work with the pod's product manager and GCP's development lead while managing delivery from an internal team of about 10 people and external partners.
You will sit on the Digital Experiences team within Global Channel Publishing, within Worldwide Publishing. You will partner with a Product Manager and coordinate a team of engineers, UX designers and visual designers. You will report to the development lead for the Global Channel Publishing team.
• Oversee the development of watch experiences within Global Channel Publishing
• Develop timelines and work systems to ensure delivery of the products/channels
• Coordinate the delivery of dependencies from teams collaborating on the project across Riot
• Develop team rituals to aid in delivery of the products/channels
• Assess the team's health, and composition, boldly striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
• Work with tech leads and engineering managers to implement WWP technical infrastructure
• Evaluate a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
• Create transparency and predictability through roadmaps, anticipative planning, and active risk management
• Drive team agreement on decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
• 4+ years experience managing technical projects
• Experience leading engineering teams and partner management
• Experience developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues and customers.
• Led teams to bring products to worldwide markets
• Charter large projects with multiple teams
• Desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players
• Experience with manage project/task prioritization, project planning and schedule development.
• Experience designing and improving work systems
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
• Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
• Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
• For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).