As a part of the Riot Production Engineering team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work across all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the database foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As an Engineering Manager on the Live Operations: Database Engineering team, your team will be responsible for the reliability, support and operations of the game databases across all Riot games, and providing consulting services to games in the R&D phase, along with shared teams. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Live Operations.
• Manage a team of 4-8 database engineers, coaching them, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
• Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
• Stay closely connected to the tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working closely with your team's technical lead.
• Grow the team through hiring and construct an efficient onboarding process for new team members .
• Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
• Manage the team's approach to on-call
• Improve the scalability and reliability of Riot's databases
• 6+ years experience as a database engineer.
• 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team
• Expertise with full database development life cycle
• Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
• Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
• Understand different database technologies, performance, and architecture
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
• Experience operating and supporting production databases, understanding of on-call processes
• Familiarity with database technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo8y2-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.