Riot Data Scientists combine their wide technical expertise across data processing, automation, machine learning (''ML''), artificial intelligence (''AI''), and experimental design to inform decisions and develop data-powered products. They customize methods to suit an unusual data problem and work at a multi-team scale, influencing product vision, technical designs, and other scientists' development across the organization. By translating requirements into sustainable, automated data processing workflows, your systems can be used to serve other Rioters and power player facing features.
The Central Player Dynamics (CPD) and Data Applications (CDA) teams partner to build the tools and frameworks that make Riot's game positive environments for our players. We look for ways to encourage players to behave positively, but also detect and act upon instances where they do not. As a Staff Data Scientist on CDA, you'll work with other data scientists, analysts, engineers, and third-party partners to architect and build new systems for cross-game Reputation and Chat & Voice moderation while improving our existing worldwide systems. You will report to the Manager of Data Science.
• Partner with product leads and strategic analysts to create insights and frameworks to inform the strategic direction of the product
• Work with team leadership and our partners to architect and build Riot's voice moderation solution
• Work with team leadership and our partners to improve our existing chat moderation and other systems.
• Collect and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors, identify new product opportunities, and collaboratively develop them with partners
• Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field with 3+ years industry experience (alternatively a Masters with 4+ years of industry experience, or B.Sc. with 6+ years of industry experience)
• 2+ years experience with big data technologies such as Spark
• Depth of experience with data processing and analytics using SQL and Python.
• Experience driving strategic goals that improve the business and use ML/AI systems.
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition systems
• Shipped a data powered system
• Experience in management consulting or in a role informing company strategy
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d899v6-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.