Creative Directors at Riot define and oversee the overall creative strategy for a product. You'll create inspiring creative direction across experiences that genuinely surprise and delight our players. You ensure parity with product strategy and tie the product's goals to the target audience. Creative direction is for the team; as the Creative Director acts as the intersection between aesthetics, story, and brand that evokes a visceral response in the user. You'll represent the game at the IP strategy level and work with fellow Creative Directors to shape the future of the IP.
As Creative Director, you will own the holistic creative experience across all of Wild Rift, globally. You will bring together, guide, and inspire teams of multi-discipline developers to develop Wild Rift's own unique and iconic creative voice. Through your close partnerships with Riot and Tencent stakeholders, you will ensure that Wild Rift delivers a cohesive and resonant experience for players. You will report into the initiative product lead.
• Partner with leaders and stakeholders to ensure parity between strategy, game feel, marketing, esports, and game creative direction
• Create a creative strategy that provides thematic cohesion to the entire product and articulates the intended emotional experience of all aspects of the game
• Provide an inspirational Northstar that empowers creatives to navigate the unknown
• Produce artifacts that inform, align, and empower art, narrative, and audio
• Lead and manage creatives while promoting a healthy and collaborative work environment
• 10+ years experience in game development or transmedia
• 8+ years of management experience
• Demonstrable knowledge of various art disciplines
• Operated as a key creative decision-maker on multiple games
• Experience working with multiple disciplines to deliver on a goal
• An excellent communicator that inspires by infusing a pitch with emotional intent
• Professional experience establishing creative vision and strategy
• Has shipped 1 or more titles as a creative director
• Deep knowledge of the League of Legends IP
• Fluency in Mandarin
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq5e1-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.