The Creative Director is responsible for driving the overall creative strategy for all merchandising lines supporting Riot's game, entertainment, music, and esports initiatives. This leader is responsible for overseeing the execution of product development across all hardlines, softlines, and publishing categories from concept to final production, ensuring that brand integrity is maintained throughout the breadth of product lines on a global basis. Leveraging a cross-discipline team of experienced artists, you will create products featuring some of the most iconic art in the world of gaming. As Riot Games evolves to tell new stories and create innovative experiences, you will work directly with department leaders to shape the future of our IP expression.
As Creative Director, reporting in to the Senior Director, Consumer Products, your responsibilities will include overall culture, performance, growth of your team members, and gaining alignment with other discipline leads. You are also responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of direct reports and ensuring that the team is meeting department quality and product standards. Your skills, artistic eye, and understanding of art principles will lead the way in product creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of product development to ensure the team creates work that is resonant to our players and faithfully represents our IP.
• Responsible for defining and leading the creative strategy and vision across all merchandising lines that support game, esports, and entertainment content releases
• Oversee the execution of product development from concept to completion across all hardlines, softlines, and publishing categories, ensuring IP is being properly positioned in the marketplace on a global basis
• Support the team in style guide creation and asset development; ensure the Consumer Products team has production ready assets that support all product category manufacturing timelines
• Build solid working relationships with game, entertainment, music, and esports teams; align on product strategy and asset requirements needed to support key initiatives
• Collaborate and align with department leaders and CP category/business leads to identify and set product-wide art objectives, goals, and timelines
• Supports CP business and category leads on product strategies, assortments, and line plans across licensing and direct-to-player business models
• Ensure thematic cohesion between consumer products and other Riot art assets
• Identify product risks and strategic opportunities, clearly communicating to team and partners
• Manage staff and must have team building, leadership, and development skills that inspires and encourages entrepreneurism and innovation
• Provides clear creative and design direction to team of artists; review final work of all artists and deliver feedback to ensure quality and consistency
• Oversee creative development of effective and comprehensive sales materials
• 10+ years of experience working in consumer products on gaming and entertainment IP
• 4+ years of experience managing multiple direct reports
• Equally balanced creative and business leader
• Professional experience establishing creative vision and strategy
• Extensive knowledge in supply chain, print innovations, and manufacturing techniques across softgoods and hardgoods
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft a story and present it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
• Demonstrated ability to create effective style guides and marketing materials that support entertainment franchises
• Experience building creative presentations for retail activations
• Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
• Understanding of how to maintain brand cohesiveness across multiple product lines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnjen-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.