Corporate Development Business Analyst (Contractor)
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
The Corporate Development team strives to advance Riot's core objectives via partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. We conduct research for China local market, specific game genres and key titles, evaluate games and businesses, conduct due diligence, negotiate deals and manage a portfolio of partnerships and investments in game studios and gaming technology companies.
As a Corporate Development business analyst you will work closely with Riot China and Riot central Corporate Development team, to help Riot explore partnership opportunities in the China market, as well as to help Riot understand the local market via conducting market research and genre analysis. You will support interaction between portfolio companies and relevant subject matter experts throughout Riot, and meet with external companies and investors.
• Support team to develop presentation materials for Riot's leadership team and other key stakeholders
• Support team to explore potential local partners in terms of game developments, IP corporations and incubated new projects, through your own growing network
• Support team to manage Riot's portfolio of business partners and investments
• Support team to conduct market research, genre analysis and deep dive reviews for key titles
• Support team on investments and acquisitions – including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations and post-deal integration
• Bachelor's degree
• Fluent spoken and written language skills for English and Mandarine
• Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience
• Experience in game development/publishing, venture capital, investment banking, management consulting and corporate/business development roles
• Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills
• Financial model related quantitative analysis skills
• 3-5 years of working experience
• Experience working with/on product development teams in the game industry
• Existing network of game developers, founders, and startups
• Skilled in deal evaluation and financial modeling
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.