Business Development Manager - Enterprise Sales
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it is for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We are looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you are passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, are not afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That is where you come in.
We are seeking a driven leader to oversee all aspects of our Consumer Products business in Korea with an emphasis on amplifying our licensing efforts. The Consumer Products Lead, Korea will play a meaningful role in developing and executing the strategy for Riot's consumer products business in Korea. This role will be responsible for managing our sales channels as well as the overall go-to-market approach for licensing out our intellectual properties (IP) including League of Legends and other content in development. Working in close collaboration with the Global Consumer Products leadership in LA, local Riot Korea teams, and external partners, you will build and scale Riot's IP physical presence in Korea and manage Korea's Consumer Product P&L.
• Lead and execute all aspects of Riot Games' consumer products and licensing business in Korea, including licensing, local product strategy, local retail partnerships, channel management including ecommerce platforms and logistics, and business performance reporting.
• Partner with key stakeholders in Korea and globally across League of Legends, R&D games, Esports Leagues, and Consumer Products to develop and execute local Korea's consumer product roadmap.
• Dotted line into Global Consumer Products team in LA and collaborate closely to significantly grow our physical products' breadth, reach and access primarily through licensing.
• Build out a robust pipeline of licensing opportunities by sourcing, negotiating, and managing licensing partners. Represent Riot's Consumer Products business in local trade shows and other external consumer products business development efforts in Korea.
• Maintain an understanding of Korea's physical product space including licensing trends, consumer tastes, market dynamics and competitors activities.
• Manage one direct report and Korea's Consumer Products P&L.
• Experienced: 8 ~ 10 years or above of licensing and consumer goods experience, with multiple years of direct licensing leadership for major IP franchises in Korea.
• A Well-Rounded Licensing Leader: Equally at ease setting licensing strategy and vision or rolling up your operator sleeves to drive results. You have grown consumer products through licensing and have direct experience with all aspects of licensing (i.e., sourcing partners, negotiating contracts, approving products, managing go-to-market plans etc.) for a major IP in Korea.
• An Organizational Navigator: Capable of navigating complex organization with diverse goals across countries and functions. You are recognized for driving alignment and momentum with a reputation for cultivating positive relationships with external and internal partners.
• Global vision with Korean insights: Understand Riot's global vision and roadmap, and build out Korea's consumer products strategies to support these goals by incorporating a deep understanding of the Korean market (e.g., licensing partners, product categories, consumer trends etc.)
• Ambitious: You thrive in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments and embrace taking risks and challenging convention in order to drive creative outcomes.
• Empathetic and player focused: You have a visceral understanding of what it means to love an IP and appreciate the care and nuance required to serve Riot's highly engaged player community effectively.
• A trusted leader: You lead, support, and mentor your teammates on and off the court; you offer guidance and encouragement when the team needs support and fist bump them when they are kicking ass.
• Diversity: Being able to work in a multi-language environment and partner with people from different cultures & backgrounds. Fluent English + Korean is a must.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.