As Competitive Operations Specialist, League of Legends you will report to the Head of Competition Europe & MENA and be part of the Competitive Operations Department in Berlin. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate Riot Games Esports ecosystems in Europe & MENA.
Your focus will be to support the design, administration, and operation of League of Legends esports. In collaboration with your colleagues, your goal is to operate a competition ecosystem in Europe & MENA that offers best-in-class sports media entertainment for fans, an aspirational career opportunity for pro players, a healthy business environment for teams and partners, and a competition that meets the highest standards of competitive integrity.
• Maintain in-depth understanding of rules and regulations of the competition
• Execute match operations and serve as head referee for in-house productions, supervise match operations for outsourced productions
• Be the point of contact for our tournament partners to handle day to day competitive operations
• Assist with designing, maintaining and evolving competition rules and policies to match the ever-changing needs of the ecosystem
• Assist with competition ecosystem design, formats, and scheduling
• Support our dispute resolution and investigation efforts to help resolve conflict and uphold the integrity of the competition
• Manage pro-team and player relations in collaboration with our tournament partners
• You have 2+ years of experience or advanced degree in esports or sports league administration, sports media entertainment, or equivalent
• You have very good knowledge of League of Legends and its mechanics; you can tell if it's a bug and not a feature
• You know how esports tournaments work and you have a solid knowledge about competition rules and operations
• Experience in managing tournament partners
• Strong knowledge of the esports industry in Europe & MENA
• Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Turkish, Russian, Arabic, French, German, or Spanish
• You are familiar with the MOBA esports scene in Europe & MENA
• You have a strong understanding of the esports and sports industry, league and team business
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Commuting allowance
• Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
• Travel allowance
• Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyke83-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.