In Compensation at Riot Games, we don't just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As a Compensation Partner, reporting to the Compensation Manager, you will bring knowledge and experience to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You will be a resource for compensation related matters, ranging from planning and supporting the annual compensation cycle to looking for ways to improve our processes to guide data- and market-informed decisions. You will conduct a range of compensation analyses and are a guardian of good pay practices and can help level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, and executive) of compensation.
• Support the design, evaluation, and administration of broad based pay programs at Riot Games, including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans created in the future
• Help with annual base pay, incentive review processes, off-cycle review governance and job matching, survey submissions, results review, and other compensation processes
• Provide analytical support to assess the effectiveness and fairness of existing programs
• Participate in compensation related implementations and improvements with the People Systems team and other members of the Compensation team
• Look for ways to improve pay practice administration and governance to help ensure that Riot's pay programs are consistent, equitable, and meet our requirements
• Participate in maturing and overseeing Riot's job architecture and position management
• Make recommendations about our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters
• Demonstrate growth, curiosity, and advisory skills in guiding others through complex issues
• Stay on top of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards and people compliance, and practice evolution
• 3+ years of experience in a compensation/total rewards or finance role
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
• Comfort with Excel (can perform complex functions) modeling and data visualization
• Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to senior leaders
• Financial and accounting familiarity - ability to partner with our Finance and Accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp57k-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.