Full Time Job
Community Programs Manager - Publishing
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Community Programs Manager (ID/MY) - Publishing (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Community Programs Manager ID & MY, you will operate as a pivotal member of the Indonesia marketing services team. You'll improve communication between Riot and our ever-growing lineup of communities: including League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. Our passionate community is thoughtful, diverse, and they have a keen sense of what's right and wrong. You'll work with Rioters across the company to help translate our global and local vision into a conversation players see, understand, and want to advocate for. You're not a typical PR person and you aren't interested in spin - you communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's well-crafted, and authentic.
To support our growth and nurture relationships within the Indonesian/Malaysian communities, we need a player-focused Community Programs Manager to engage with our players - someone who translates dev talk into Discord chat, global strategy into local activation, and events into engagement.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, Riot Games Tokyo is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
• Engage with players where they are (platforms, channels, boards, events) - advocating for them and helping us drive player-focused changes to share with game teams
• Be the face of Riot to empower our players to connect and contribute - be there for their joys, triumphs, challenges, emergencies and everything in between
• Create measurable social media campaigns to grow channels, increase positive engagement, and improve channel health
• Lead strategy for community projects from beginning to end (goals, tactics, postmortem, etc.), and support community activity including contests, local events, cosplay meet-ups etc.
• Lead a team of vendors, contractors and Rioters as well as manage and assess their performance on a day-to-day basis
• Achieve the best possible value for our players using global assets, local creative, and community created content that resonates and disrupts
• Partner with global publishing teams to oversee and promote messaging and communication plans to help us engage and inspire our players
• Develop tools, programs, and training that help Rioters engage with the League of Legends, Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, Teamfight Tactics and the Valorant community, advising the team on player sentiment, needs, behaviors, and trends
• Experienced: you have at least five years' experience in community management in a player-facing role
• A gamer through and through: you know and love Riot's Games, and can speak to the latest pro strats in ranked games - you avidly follow game developments across all Riot's news channels and know your Sions from your Sonas
• Social Media experience using Facebook, Discord, Youtube, Twitch, Steam, Twitter etc
• People Manager: You have 2+ years of experience in managing people and teams
• Collaborative: you relish a brainstorm, level-up through constructive criticism and positive feedback, and work across local and global teams to get the best outcome
• Data: you know how to translate what players are saying into data-informed strategies and solutions that help us promote player engagement, awareness and trust
• Languages: You are fluent in written and spoken English communication as well as proficient in Bahasa Indonesia.
• A gamer, play Riot's game and love Riot's games at heart
• 5 years exp as community manager preferably in a gaming company
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn066k-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.