Senior Brand Manager, eSports
Community & Channel Specialist - Malaysia (Part Time Contractor), SEA
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC games in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a balanced disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in...
As the Community & Channel Specialist - Malaysia (Part-Time Contractor) on the SEA team, you will report to the Community & Channels Lead, SEA. You will be responsible for monitoring and engaging in community conversation across Riot's owned channels for Malaysia, including Malaysian Facebook pages and game websites.
You will serve as our native Malaysian market and language expert, to verify accuracy of Malaysian localization and assist with ad-hoc language edits to social posts where necessary. You must be highly organized and be able to juggle multiple projects at once, and will play a critical role in ensuring that our players in Malaysia are engaged in experiences that create enduring relationships with Riot!
The role requires 10-15 hours of community and channel support per week, over a 12 month term.
As a Community & Channel Specialist - Malaysia (Part-Time Contractor), you'll contribute to the following areas:
• Supporting programs to engage and nurture Riot's Malaysian gaming community.
• Surfacing and addressing the needs and feedback of the Malaysian gaming community.
• Providing Bahasa Malaysia localization support for publishing content or activations.
• Working with internal teams to ensure timely publishing of Bahasa Malaysia content across all relevant game channels.
• Monitor and engage in community conversation across Riot's owned channels for Malaysia, including social media and digital platforms.
• Contribute ideas to hyper local content planning in collaboration with the Community & Channels team.
• 2+ years experience in the marketing, social media or community management field with a specific focus on the Malaysian market.
• Native fluency in Bahasa Malaysia.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and a multitasker with a love for process.
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities during high pressure situations.
• Experience handling confidential information and documents.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
• Experience/understanding of the gaming landscape across Southeast Asia.
• Well versed in G-suite: calendar, docs, sheets, etc.
• Experience in managing different time zones.
• Familiarity with new Riot titles a major plus.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.