China Strategy Advisory - Insight researcher (Contractor)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Insight Researcher on the China Strategic Advisory team, you'll join a dedicated team committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming. Specifically, you will take care of strategy and insights initiatives for CN Regional and support to ensure the whole office is equipped with decision-making support. You'll identify areas where strategy and insights can help improve outcomes and be more player-informed.
The role would focus on the team agenda while taking into account the central product road map, CN's goals, publishing plans, and developing the team's analytics ability. The role would also grow the team to support the future vision of CN and may include the tracking/measuring of content measurements, creating a holistic analysis and attribution platform and creating relevant dashboards for the leadership team.
• Player Research: Design and conduct primary research, applying quantitative and qualitative research methods and deliver comprehensive research reports.
• Support playtests of prototype games in terms of alignments and process management, methodology, onsite work and report writing
• Collect and analyze complex data, field research cross-reference analysis, in order to deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
Coordinate on Riot Central CN survey needs: CN questionnaire review, communicate with Tencent and Central to leverage bandwidth of Tencent as well as requirements from Central
• Business Intelligence: Assist on data collaboration with Tencent and Central to help them align on basic data logic, reporting metrics, etc.
• Business performance report generation and insight digging
• Assist to collaborate with different product teams to work together on yearly business forecast
• Game Development Support: New Game Market Research: monitor and analyze Chinese game market in order to identify potential genre opportunities.
• Support R&D pipeline in terms of genre and player insights in prototype and pre-production stages
• Market intelligence: Monitor market trends and dynamics, especially on new games and outstanding performers, and come up with actionable recommendations for the game teams
• Collect and analyze complex data, field research cross-reference analysis, and run tests to build and validate hypotheses and more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
• 3+ years of professional work experience conducting research, analyzing large data-sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
• BA in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline is a plus
• Game genre knowledge: a wide range of exposures in different game genres, with deep understanding of gameplay, monetization and campaigns
• Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and metagame systems (e.g. how progression though ranked ladder works) OR experience working on gameplay research within the competitive genre
• Strong communication skills to work together with cross-functional teams
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
• Knowledge around marketing strategies and analytics is preferred
• Experience in digital media: e.g., setting up medium-complexity tests, defining and measuring essential metrics, and tracking campaign performance using first and third-party systems
• Advanced knowledge of Tableau, SQL, Matlab or other tools that help inform data-driven decisions
• Professional experience in entertainment content or video games
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our China offices, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ye5v-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.