Los Angeles, CA
Riot's Procurement team partners with deal owners to secure all goods and services needed. We apply policies that help mitigate risk while allowing for maximum value in our deals. From getting large projects approved and negotiating contracts, to tracking orders and payments, we help deal owners navigate the journey.
As a Procurement Buyer, you'll report to the Direct of Procurement to purchase equipment, materials, supplies, and services. As a Buyer for Riot, you will partner with the business to research and buy products to meet our daily operational needs.We are looking for an astute, analytical, relationship builder who is an experienced negotiator and dealmaker.
• Advise deal owners on purchasing decisions following company procedures.
• Work with deal owners to identify product and service requirements.
• Manage commodities by understanding Riot's needs, deal owners' requirements, and then engaging suitable suppliers.
• Conduct competitive bidding, including RFx events, multiple bids and direct supplier negotiation.
• Work with deal owners, suppliers, and Riot's Legal team to build contracts that are fair, comprehensive, provide adequate protection, and mitigate risk.
• Thoroughly review requisitions and change orders for assigned commodities before approving. Assist deal owners in ensuring that purchase requisitions are accurate, complete, and comply with contractual terms.
• Monitor open POs and address all potential issues including, contract expirations, lingering un-invoiced amounts.
• Conduct regular supplier business reviews to assess supplier performance and compliance. Identify candidates for Riot's preferred suppliers list.
• Complete assigned special projects such as evaluating current processes, assisting with system testing, facilitating cross-training exercises, and supporting accounting with month-end activities.
• 2 years previous buying experience or comparable skills
• Exercise business judgment with minor guidance
• Interpret procurement policies to deal owners
• Establish professional relationships to help deal owners and suppliers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in business administration
• Can maintain complex spreadsheets and can navigate Google Suite.
• Experience with Coupa.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8nzk-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.