Business Systems Analyst - Information Technology
Los Angeles, CA
As a Business Systems Analyst you will report to a Manager, Product Management. Business Systems Analysts at Riot are masters at customer outreach, dissecting business process, and authoring in-depth technical documentation. You will directly support the IT leadership team in understanding the health of the business, and investigating and advising on problem and opportunity spaces that Information Technology should focus on. You will work with other IT business systems analysts embedded on IT teams, guiding their work and mentoring them in their craft.
• Identify and investigate important problem or opportunity spaces for Information Technology, and create recommendations and strategies for whether and how to best pursue these
• Collaborate with product leads across the organization to understand their business and recommend technical solutions to improve how they operate
• Analyze demand and complexity drivers in collaboration with Product Management, and present findings and takeaways to your team
• Work with IT teams to understand and document technical strategy, author impact assessments and product rollout plans
• Help us explore a variety of problem spaces, identify business opportunities and work with development teams to implement them
• Discuss technical trade-offs with engineers, communicate platform limitations with IT team members and partners
• 3+ years experience in business analyst, strategy, management consulting, or related fields
• Experience organizing and running large meetings while collaborating and taking notes
• Experience working with technology teams to help document requirements, processes and user guides
• Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets, including rapid note-taking, requirements documentation and process mapping
• Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable presenting to large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting standard operating procedures, and producing user-facing documentation
• 2+ years working on technical teams helping others make decisions
• Experience integrating systems and building integration products
• Proficiency with Airtable, Jira, Miro, Python, SQL and Tableau
• Bachelor's degree in an analytical field, or equivalent experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.